Are you highly organised with experience in administration and supporting senior members of a team? Latimer Congregational Church is looking for a part-time church support worker to assist the pastor in a range of activities.
We are a small but busy church based in Stepney, in the east end of London, led by the pastor. We also run a Christian residential centre, local community garden project and host events for local residents.
You’ll be a highly organised person who loves to interact with others and someone who is good at building relationships with all types of people and flexible in your working style. You will work closely with the pastor and have:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- The ability to interact courteously and effectively with a wide range of people on the phone, face to face, in the office and at events
- The ability to oversee health and safety and safeguarding policies
- The ability to oversee housekeeping, IT and resources for the church and residential centre
- Flexibility and a willingness to be involved in a variety of tasks.
Salary: £14,872 pa pro rata
Location: Stepney, East London
Hours: 22 hours per week to be worked flexibly as required.
Closing date: 9 March 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 19 March 2018
Start date: 1 April 2018
All applicants must be committed to the aims and ethos of Latimer Congregational Church
This post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed evangelical Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
For a full job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please email an up to date CV with a covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the criteria outlined in the person specification.