The Mission is a growing, contemporary, outreaching Church, based in the centre of Nelson in Lancashire. Our congregation includes members of all ages, diverse backgrounds and cultures, including many families. Our vision is to devote our lives to Jesus, build a family where all ages thrive, share our message of hope and serve our community in love.
We are now looking for someone who feels called by God to be our Pastor, to work with the Mission Leadership Team and to provide teaching and spiritual support to our congregation.
This is a full-time position joining the Mission Leadership Team and the role is ideally suited for someone who is passionate about individual and Church growth, is gifted in Bible teaching, and has strengths in relationship building with both the church family and the local community.
The main qualities needed for this role are:
- to share the vision for the life and work of the Mission;
- to lead and develop the pastoral ministry for a growing congregation;
- to be a key member of the Mission’s teaching/preaching team and to communicate well in areas of outreach and strategy;
- to be a key member of the Mission Leadership Team, working alongside them to help develop and implement the mission and vision of Mission.
A copy of the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Person Specification for this post can be obtained by emailing our Church Administrator: email@example.com.
To apply for this post, please email to Rachel the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A detailed letter telling us how you meet the essential and desirable requirements in the Person Specification
Closing date: Noon, Friday 31st August 2018.
Please note that applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.