Dr Noel Tredinnick has been Director of Music for over 45 years and leaves us with a rich legacy of musical excellence and creativity, notably in the life of the All Souls Orchestra. Our desire is to honour that legacy and to build on it and and develop it. This is an opportunity to recast it for the enjoyment and enrichment of the next generation.
We are expecting the Senior Music Minister, in close consultation with the senior team, to develop their own vision for music (and the arts) which will serve All Souls and the wider church. The scope of this role is to:
- Lead - a music staff team as well as a range of musicians (orchestral groups and contemporary bands) to deliver high quality music for the All Souls church activities and other events. Also personally be comfortable leading from the front with considerable skill on a leading instrument, ideally piano or organ..
- Attract and Integrate - recruit new generations of musicians to the church to serve the congregation, growing godly musicians trained as disciples, as well as good musicians trained to play skillfully.
- Multiply - grow others who can serve and lead at different levels themselves. Developing the next generation of musicians and song leaders will be an important element in the training ministry.
- Serve and Share. - with a history of serving the wider church, in due course we would want the new Senior Music Minister to see how our resources can best serve and be used for the wider church and for gospel mission in this day and age.
- Support - as part of leadership of the whole church family, to work closely with the ministry team, to serve in any other additional ways the Rector may require.
This is a full-time senior position on the All Souls Ministry team. Appropriate compensation package from £47,681 pa. inclusive of Central London Allowance - will be offered based around the skills, experience and circumstances of the preferred candidate.
To find out more about our Music Department, please visit www.allsoulsmusic.org
For a confidential conversation to discuss details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For full job description and application details visit www.allsouls.org/vacancies
Application closing date: 18 February 2019
There is an occupational requirement that the job-holder is a Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.