Woodlands Evangelical Church, Derby (www.woodlandschurch.org.uk) are looking for a new full-time Youth and Schools Worker to join us from September this year.
Woodlands is an independent evangelical church. We currently meet in two separate congregations, in the same building, which is situated in a large housing suburb in the city of Derby. In close proximity is a large senior school with its own 6th form. There are currently some 35 young people directly involved with the church. We exist, “to help people become devoted followers of Jesus Christ”.
The new Youth Worker would be involved in some or all of the following:
- Pastoring all the young people of the church so that they come to, and grow in faith
- Having oversight of the youth ministry team including recruitment and training
- Developing and delivering the Bible teaching curriculum for 11-18s
- Discipling young people on a one-to-one basis as appropriate
- Building good relationships with parents in order to help them disciple their children
- Taking assemblies and lessons as well as leading the CU at the local senior school
- Involving the young people in wider Christian events and ministries
- Devising and implementing specific strategies to reach unchurched young people for Christ
Personal qualities needed:
- A genuine love for young people – 1 Thessalonians 2:8
- A conviction that God’s word is the chief means by which spiritual life is created and sustained – James 1:18
- A devotion to prayer – Colossians 4:12
- Some previous experience in spiritual leadership, particularly with young people – 1 Tim 3:6
Salary, pension contributions and expenses provided.
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2019
For further information and an application pack, please contact:
Colette Patterson, Church Administrator
Woodlands Evangelical Church, Blenheim Parade, Allestree, Derby DE22 2GP
T: 01332 551336