Mustard Tree Community Church, Bristol
MTCC is an independent church based in Longwell Green, Bristol and a member of the EA. We have been active for 30 years and seek to share God's love with our community and work closely with other churches in the local area. We also participate in an informal network of like-minded churches across the city.
We are currently looking for a new full time paid leader to work as part of the leadership team with other volunteer leaders. In particular we are currently looking at how we reshape the Church in a post-Covid world.
Our Vision for the Role
We are moving into a period of regeneration as a church, and you will be instrumental in helping to guide and develop the church through this period and beyond. This includes:
- Pastoral support for people post-Covid as we adapt to new ways of working and start to meet together again for Sunday services, mid-week groups and other activities.
- Growth of the church through existing relationships and activities, and by developing new ways of sharing God’s love with the local community.
Above all, we are looking for the right person to pastorally lead the church through this period of renewal and change. We expect you to:
- Be a spiritually mature Christian, passionate for God and sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
- Inspire people to follow Jesus, and help people to grow in their faith through Biblical teaching, pastoral care, and practical dynamic leadership.
- Be passionate about seeing people develop as disciples of Jesus.
- Care about people and make them feel valued, safe and welcomed.
- Encourage, nurture and equip other people to lead; and help people to develop their ideas on how the church can serve the community.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £28K-£32K, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 5 days study leave.
Closing Date: Friday 30th April.
Successful applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check before appointment. MTCC is a Christian faith-based organisation, this position is therefore a Christian Ministry post and it is an occupational requirement that the post holder is a committed and practising Christian.
To obtain a full job description and application form please e-mail: email@example.com