Are you passionate about the church having a voice in public life? Now more than ever Christians need to speak into a vast range of issues in government, politics and the media.
The Evangelical Alliance UK is the largest and oldest body representing the UK’s two million evangelical Christians. For more than 170 years, we have been bringing Christians together and helping them to listen to, and be heard, by government, media and society.
We are seeking a public policy officer (Scotland) to implement the UK advocacy strategy in Scotland by monitoring the activities of the Scottish Government and related political structures. The post holder will represent the voice of evangelicals in the Scottish Parliament to elected representatives, policymakers and the Scottish media. You will engage with individual, church and organisation members of the Evangelical Alliance UK in order to analyse and inform public policy consultations from both the Scottish Government and wider parliament.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience of influencing or working with political decision makers;
- a good knowledge of political processes and major issues of public debate;
- good analytical and briefing skills;
- excellent communication, organisational and relational skills; and
- the ability and motivation to address political issues from an evangelical Christian perspective.
Closing date: Friday 25th June 2021
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Salary: £11,525 - £13,400