The University of Bedfordshire Ecumenical Chaplaincy Trust (UBECT), in partnership with the University and the Diocese of St Albans, seeks to appoint a Lead Chaplain to co-ordinate and oversee the development of a vibrant Chaplaincy for the University, working closely with its Community and Faith team, Student Services and Human Resources on initiatives to support student and staff well-being.
The role is based primarily in Bedford and Luton, but will involve travel to other University locations.
We seek a committed Christian of any denomination who
- Has experience in a Christian ministry, lay or ordained.
- Is committed to an ecumenical and multi-faith (and no faith) approach, with a solid understanding of other faiths and traditions.
- Has strong communication, pastoral and leadership skills, with experience in team-building and planning.
- Is confident, empathetic, self-motivated and reliable, including when working under pressure.
- Has theological and pastoral training or experience.
- Will bring theological insight to contribute to the life of the University
Salary: £38,000 pa
Deadline for applications: Monday 27th February 2023
Interview Date: 21st March 2023
As the role holder will be working for a Christian charity leading a multi-faith chaplaincy to the students and staff of the University of Bedfordshire, they are required to be a Christian, we welcome applications from members of any Christian Church.
For further information including a Job Description and Application Form, please contact
Mrs Tricia Reed, PA to the Archdeacon of Bedford
by email email@example.com or telephone 01727 818167